Visualizing the state of projects using geometric figures (follow-up)
Building a project status spectrum
In the previous post entitled "Visualizing the state of projects using geometric figures", it's possible to build a status spectrum for on-going projects with respect to time.
- Define a set of variables: scope, time, budget, priority...
- Choose a chart in which to display the variables. The chart has to represent all variables.
- Each variable has a label and a value associate with it.
- For homogeneity reasons, each value should normalized in order to fit a predefined range.
T(1):Chart(1), T(2):Chart(2), T(3):Chart(3),...,T(n):Chart(n)
The "SUM" of all charts on the same timeline is the spectrum.
- A predefined finite timeline and variables represents the time frame of a project.
- An infinite timeline with finite variable represents an on-going project.
- An infinite timeline with infinite variables represents uncertainty.
To be continued ...